Label Printing Overview
Printing requires either "Grades" or "Rooms" to be enabled in your organization's settings. This allows you to define how many labels should print for each child based on room or grade.
Name tags/labels can help identify children/needs and add an extra layer of security. Kidddo offers three printer modes to choose from:
Any computer with a DYMO LabelWriter printer installed and Kidddo's "Admin" or "Kiosk" page open in a compatible browser can serve as "Print Station" for labels.
- Easiest to setup
- Requires DYMO Label Software to be installed
- Customized label layouts must follow these guidelines
- Only 1 printer can be configured per computer
- Only works with DYMO LabelWriter Printers
How to Setup a Print Station
The iOS Kiosk app can print wirelessly to a AirPrint-enabled printer on the same wireless network. However, due to the nature of the AirPrint protocol, extra time (generally 3-10 seconds) is required to generate and send the print job - so if performance is of primary concern, we recommend the standard Print Station
mode rather than AirPrint.
- Simple/minimal setup
- No computer or print server is required
- Slower Performance
- No Custom Labels; only 3 label templates available
Any device that supports Node.js environment and printer drivers can serve multiple label printers (including windows, os x, linux, raspberry pi, etc).
- Full Customization of label templates and types
- Use any brand/type of printer you can find drivers for
- Run multiple printers from each server
- Not dependent on browser plugins/compatibility
- Technical Programming Knowledge/Ability Required
Print Server Documentation